Rebecca Eckler is one of Canada's most talked about newspaper columnists, the author of Knocked Up: Confessions of a Hip Mother to Be, which has been translated into nine languages. Also the author of the bestsellers, Wiped!, Toddlers Gone Wild, and Rotten Apple, the first in a YA series. Random thoughts on life in the competitive world of modern mommyhood. Blog will be loved by trendy mothers who still feel, or often feel, that the most important word in "mommee" is ME!

Monday, February 09, 2009

It's a Miracle!!

Not that I've blogged.

But my daughter just asked if she could go to sleep. Yes, she actually asked if she could go to sleep. What is up with that? She hugged me goodnight, turned off the lights, and went to sleep.....all on her own!

It took five years, four months and eight days for this to happen....not that I'm counting. But I feel like doing a cartwheel!

I'm going to enjoy this miracle moment...I'm sure you'll understand.

check out sweetmama.ca for blog posts! (My blogs are posted every Wednesday, and there are daily posts from other fabulous mothers!)

check out sweetmama.ca for blog posts!

check out sweetmama.ca for blog posts!

xoxo
R.

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Wow! That's awesome. I was wondering where you went...

5:26 PM

 
Blogger Lee said...

How lovely it is when they put themselves to bed!

7:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Will definitely check out your other posts at the new site.

10:18 AM

 
Blogger 1001 Petals said...

Yay more of your stuff to read!! lol

I bought and read all of your books last month, read your ENTIRE blog since then, and now have all that.

(I clearly need to discover more writers, though I did buy and read that book by Wendy Wasserstein that you recommended. It wasn't as good as your stuff imo.)

1:50 PM

 
Blogger Ali said...

none of my kids has EVER done that. am jealous!

11:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i bought "knocked up" on a sun, was done with it on wed! thank u for the laughs!!! it was nice to see i wasnt the only one who hates being knocked up! all my best to you and ur daughter!

8:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home