Immaturity Rocks! So there!
The one thing I'm totally enjoying about being a mother right now is how it allows you to be a kid again.
I swear to god, I hadn't eaten an Oreo cookie in ten years, before about a month ago, when The Dictator decided she liked them (or at least the icing part.)
Here are my top five reasons why-I-Love-LOVE-LOVE!! having a three year old best friend (I know. I know. It's happened. I now consider my three year old my best friend -- hey, it happens to the best of us!)
1) I now eat Oreo cookies with her just like a kid again. I take off the top cookie, use my fingers to lick off the icing. And then finish off the rest. How fun is that? I also love the fact she loves bubblegum ice cream. I mean, when is the last time you ordered bubblegum ice cream?
2) I actually laugh out loud when she says silly things like, "Bed farts." She has no idea what she's talking about, and neither do I, but it's super fun to just be silly sometimes and make up words.
3) I did my first summersault (how do you spell summersault???) in about 15 years the other day with The Dictator. It was fun. And who knew that I could still do those things? I even tried a cartwheel!
4) I love her imagination. I love the fact I can tell The Dictator that if she takes a sip off water, she'll turn purple with pink polka dots. And then she tells me to drink my water and says, "Your'e turning orange!" I love that she believes in magic. I love that I can draw with a marker eyes and a mouth on my pointer finger, and tell her its my "special Tickley Worm" who likes to slither up her stomach and keep warm. I love when she asks me every day, "Where's Tickly Worm now? Can I see him?"
5) I love that she loves to be tickled and laughs so hard. Then she says, "I want to tickle you!!" And she does. And you know what? It completely makes me laugh.
Oh, and I'll add how she now is completely obsessed with Strawberry Shortcake. I remember being obsessed with Strawberry Shortcake....and how she'll often say to me, "You can do it Mommy!" (When was the last time someone told you that??)
Ahh, the memories...
There is something to this thing called immaturity....