Who is THE ONE You Trust?
The other day I starting to think about trust and who I trust completely and utterly. This post is about trust and love and how the two go hand in hand..
I started to think about trust because I told a friend something that was totally innocuous and she told someone else, because what I told her was so not important, but it got passed on and then got back to me.
I was in awe that, in a matter of two days, something I said in passing (trust me, it's nothing at all juicy. "Pass the salt please" would be more interesting.) actually got back to me - all the way from Vancouver.
Since it was nothing juicy or mean, it was just weird to me how people talk. It was more like, "I heard you were at..." one of things. Anyway.
Aside from my family (They don't count - because they are family, so of course I trust them) there is only one other person that I trust completely, 100 per cent, which is The Fiance.
This morning I was talking to a friend and I asked him the question, "How many people do you trust?"
He said, "Including family?" I said, "No."
He said, "It's interesting. Um, there is one person. Yeah, that's weird." The thing is, I don't think it's that weird.
I trust the fiance with everything. I can tell him anything and everything and know that it won't go anywhere, no matter how boring what I tell him is, or how juicy it is.
I mean, we all have friends who we know pass on things even after we say, "You can't tell anyone!" No one is that naive to believe that there's not always a change whatever secret you tell them, it will be passed on - maybe not immediately, but one day, months or years from now...
Also, a few weeks ago, someone asked me how the fiance proposed to me. I'm not going to say. But I am going to tell you why I love him. In fact, I invite all of you to share the little things your man does for you that makes you love him. Please do. Because it's nice.
When I was an advice columnist, people always asked how do you know when he's THE ONE?
There are big reasons I love the fiance, but it's the little things that add up, I think, that make him THE ONE.
1) If he picks me up from home, on his way home from work so we can go for dinner, and I get in the car, he always makes sure my station is already on. He turns it to MY station before I get in the car...how sweet is that? Even though he hates the top 40/hip hop/Sexy Back music I love.
2) He never makes me attend events with him that I don't want to go.
3) He will sit through watching the Gilmore Girls with me, though he hates it, just because he says he likes to "sit with me." He will also sit through Bachelor Rome with me, though he hates it, just to spend "quality time" with me.
4) He will always pick up my phone call - even if he's on the line with an important client or in a conference call.
5) When we go to a party, he will ALWAYS tell me after that I was the prettiest girl there, even though I know he's lying.
And these are only five of the many very little gestures that make me love the guy. Now, share your top five. Because I love these stories....